Code of Conduct
The SOC and LOC are very grateful for the participation of all attendees at the “Spatially Resolved Spectroscopy with Extremely Large Telescopes” workshop organised by Oxford Astrophysics at the University of Oxford, and we hope that everyone has an enjoyable and enriching experience.
We welcome all participants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality, religion. We expect all attendees to show respect and courtesy to fellow attendees, the organisers, and volunteers. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Anyone attending this conference is expected to follow the rules outlined in this code of conduct on any of the meeting amd discussion spaces.
- We are grateful to all our speakers for giving their time freely for this conference. As such, please can you give them the common courtesy of joining the call at the appropriate time and to not cause any disturbances.
- Please can all participants remain muted for the duration of the talks, unless they are asking questions at an appropriate time.
- To treat everyone attending and speaking at this conference with kindness and respect.
- To behave in a professional manner and abstain from any form of harassment, sexist, racist, or exclusionary behaviour.
- All communication between the speakers, attendees, and organisers must be in a professional manner, refraining from any inappropriate conduct. Any form of harassment, sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes will not be tolerated.
- Respect the organisers and volunteers.
Any attendees who are asked directly to stop actions which violate this code of conduct are expected to comply immediately. Continual violation of these rules will result in the attendee’s participation being revoked.
We thank you for helping us make this conference an accepting and welcoming space for everyone.
The meeting contacts if any issues arise are
- Suzanne Ramsay sramsay_at_eso.org
- Ricardo Demarco rdemarco_at_astro-udec.cl
- Sarah Kendrew sarah.kendrew_at_esa.int
Please feel free to contact them via email (or Sarah and Suzanne via direct message on Slack). Note that they might not be able to reply immediately. Should any urgent issues arise, you may contact more that one of these contacts and you can also contact aprajita.verma_at_physics.ox.ac.uk.
This code of conduct has been adapted from the RAS code of conduct for meetings.